Aug 26, 2009

Snap shots

I like to put family pictures on my desktop back-ground on my computer, although I’m not sure exactly why.
At work, maybe just to remind me of the way God has blessed me-- with a wonderful family and a wonderful life. Maybe also to let my co-workers into a different aspect of my life that they don’t know much about.
At home, we may do it for good memories, maybe fun times or silly looks. Maybe just because a picture is SO CUTE!!!!.

As I was at work this morning admiring my newest desktop image, I really got focusing on the moment. On the moment that picture was taken, on that moment in time that has passed and will never be (at least exactly the same) ever again.
It wasn’t that the picture was anything special or “the memory of a lifetime.”
It was just a normal, everyday picture, an action picture of us washing our car.

What struck me was looking at the people in it. The surroundings in which the moment was happening. The eyes and the expressions on our faces. I realized that this moment was maybe different for everyone. I know what I was thinking, and probably what was on the minds of my children, but, the picture seems bring even deeper thoughts, a deeper meaning.
One single second of our lives captured, seized; to study, to dwell upon, to make you realize all the moments that make up your life and how fleeting time can be.
It is surreal to look at something like that…a moment in your life that has passed, but was so real when it was being lived.
We should always remember that line from the Serenity prayer--- Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time --- we are always living moments, some memorable, some not so much, but the moments we live, are the moments of our lives that we will never get back.

I wonder if, when we are in Gods presence, and He is going back over our lives with us, it will be like looking at snap-shots of our life here on this earth.
I shutter at the thought of some of those pictures; not just the goofy ones or the surprise ones, but the ones in which He knows what I was thinking, what I was doing, what I was saying, what I was feeling.
We will all have to give an account of our lives on judgment day and the snap shots of the moments that seemed so insignificant will be there in Gods family album, awaiting an answer from us.

No comments:

 
realhealthcarerespectslife.com