Jun 2, 2009

Another reason to be a Steelers fan


I don't really think this is political, but I think it is great that he went against the tide. He is really taking a beating from the fans and from the black community. I say if you don't want to do something like this, then you should have that freedom. I know I don't want to meet the President, I'm not sure I could hold my tongue or listen to his ambiguous conversation.
The same people that are bashing Mr. Harrison for this, are the same ones who are screaming for "FREEDOM".
Once again, hypocrisy from the lost sheep of America.

From Pittsburgh;
When the Super Bowl XLIII champion Pittsburgh Steelers make their trip to the White House Thursday, one of the players largely responsible for their victory over the Arizona Cardinals says he won't be attending.
Linebacker James Harrison -- who made Super Bowl history with a 100-yard interception return for a touchdown -- said he'll pass on the invite from President Barack Obama.
"This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he would've invited Arizona if they had won," said Harrison.
Harrison made the comments to WTAE Channel 4 Action News anchor Andrew Stockey at the Legends for Charity Gala hosted by University of Pittsburgh head football coach Dave Wannstedt on Friday night. Video:
Watch Harrison's Comments
Harrison, the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year, also skipped the Steelers' White House visit following their Super Bowl XL victory in 2006.
"It absolutely is not political. He just doesn't want to go," Harrison's agent, Bill Parise, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Monday.

No comments:

 
realhealthcarerespectslife.com