Mar 26, 2010

Selfishness

From the book "With us today---on the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist" by Father John Hardon;

Of ourselves, we are naturally self-centered, self-occupied, self-interested and self-opinionated. We are all naturally self-concerned, self-indulgent, self-satisfying, self-admiring and self-attentive. In a word, we are all profoundly and deeply self-willed.
There is one idolatry to which every human being is constantly prone, and that is the worship of oneself.


These lines spoke to me personally. I have noticed this about myself, and after reading these words, I realized how serious of a problem I have.
Now not to wriggle off the hook myself, but, I do believe that this is one of the major problems with the world today. It goes hand in hand with relativism. A double whammy of sin and a large part of what is wrong with
today's society.

It seems we can all have a personal agenda.
It carries itself into the realms of our personal and family life. Into our business and work life; and has we have seen countless times, into political life for those to whom it applies.
We have just seen it by our country's current administration.
While some of them my truly care about getting health care for all Americans, I believe, especially concerning our President, that there is a hidden agenda there. A costly one for all Americans particularly
the unborn and their mothers and fathers.
The elderly, those whom use health care the most will also be tragically affected by this rash decision as well as our future generations.

Jesus had and still has an agenda. That is to rid us of our selfishness. That is what Lent is about, to focus on the Cross and not on ourselves.
Obama and his cronies have an agenda for Lent. That is why they voted on this, they made people work on the Sabbath, to promote their evil agenda.

I certainly will continue in my quest to rid myself of the selfishness in my life, I just pray that the leaders of our country will do the same.

No comments:

 
realhealthcarerespectslife.com